Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update from Ivan

Thank you all for your continued prayers for our lives here in Colorado. A big focus for us spiritually is the opportunity we've been given to start a college/young adult ministry in Longmont. As we tell people around here what we feel that the Lord is putting on our hearts, people warn us that it is going to "blow-up". That certainly isn't the goal, but I think those comments are indicative of the hunger in the area for people in this demographic to worship, pray, study and fellowship together.

Listen Up has served as a wonderful model for me. As Taylor says, leave your shoes and your masks at the door. That's really what Chrissy and I are praying for, is to facilitate a gathering where people can get real with God, get real with themselves, and get real with each other.

I'll be teaching, which is really exciting because I believe that is one of my spiritual gifts which I have infrequently had the chance to apply. But as James warns, "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly." That freaks me out!

My request, as you guys pray for this, would be that Chrissy and I are humble, repentant, and submissive to God's will. I know we all sin, and I don't want to take the yoke of legalism, but I don't want to be a blind guide teaching from a point of hypocrisy. Also, if you could pray for unity of vision and direction between myself and a few others that will be a part of the leadership team. And most importantly, pray for God to change peoples lives and raise disciples to be sent into the harvest.

Love you guys and be sure to give my brother Aaron a noogie for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ivan, I am stoked for you. Thanks for keeping us updated. You have been blessed with a sweet gift of teaching. Use it meekly, but don't shy away from it. I like your blog, it has been cool to keep an eye on those tikes as they grow. Looks like fun.. Much Love TG

Aaron. said...

Ivan I don't think anyone would want to touch my hair. Haha. Even though I DO wash it.