Sunday, September 7, 2008

Follow His Lead

Guys, scroll down and read Tarik's post before you read this. That being said, I had a nice political talk with someone I work with. To make a long story short, the whole conversation came down to two things we talk about AALLLL the time at mens group... Perception and Perspective. She said that she doesn't view the world as I do. She's not living in expectation of the "rapture". She thinks Christians are just like another group of people and she is best served by letting everyone do their thing and just being nothing. She says she's a Christian, wears a cross, and a peace sign around her neck. She is voting for Obama because she thinks McCain will go to war and Obama won't. (Even though only one candidate really knows the horror of war and said he hates it... But she doesn't believe him. ((Willingly ignorant)). Her perspective is that war CAN be avoided and PEACE is possible. She does not think we should protect Israel and does think that I have a skewed view of Islam when I say its NOT a peaceful religion................ Well............
The reason I write all this is because I really look forward to our next conversation. I have been faced with the fact that heres an acquaintance who is wrong in her world view. Maybe she was put into my life to show her that there is only One way. I will only be able to tell her. That I believe is my duty. The Good Lord will do the rest. My heart broke when I heard her say some of the things she told me. She like many, think Christians are crazy.. Maybe thats because we have avoided the one on one, mono y mono conversations with those whom we clearly see have lost their way. TG

3 comments:

1 John 2:6 said...

Now that's taking action...

Unknown said...

Be careful with the word ignorant, the last eight years were born from it. We should all know that when it comes to war just being for or against it does not not mean it will or will not happen.
There is waaaay too much PRIDE involved in politics and rarely does anybody realize why they cling so tightly to "their" side. Politics are NOT sports teams, and we should respect others views. Obviously some issues have little room to argue and that is what defines us a group or person. The bottom line is that we are just a vote to all politicians. No matter what they say, they want our vote. Please do not believe either side truly stands for what you believe. They NEED to say what they need to say to get their parties vote. If you think our government isn't evil on both sides you need to wake up. My solution,(wishin') if we as Christians could break off as a true conservative party like the green party has their own agenda. Anyhoo, the state of the US and politics to me is a clear indication the end is coming. Who’s ready?
RG

1 John 2:6 said...

Well said Reuben. I got my ticket and I'm ready to go. We need to keep practicing what we believe and share with others the problems that are unseen rather than seen.
tarik