Monday, February 23, 2009

Let Thy Will Be Done

Hey again Gents,
It's Kyle writing from the rainy pacific northwest. So remember when you guys all prayed for me when I heard God call me to leave my last job and move on up to Seattle? Well, the time has come again for a huge prayer request. About a year and a half since then, and now with a wife and a baby on the way, He has called our family to step out of comfort and "security". Just last night, after praying long and hard to get my heart in the same place as God's, I made the decision to move us back down to the Santa Barbara area.

I am going to tell my boss today. I'm thinking I will be up here with a job for another month or so, but I'm not really sure. The nature of this move is pretty scary because we don't have any job/housing plans, and we have a baby due in September. But I feel an awesome peace in making this decision. It seems nuts that God would call us to this, with things so up in the air, but it really is exciting!

If anything else, I just wanted to share this with you guys as a praise to God's faithfulness and love. Even though nothing has happened yet, I know He'll provide in the most radical and unexpected ways. The faith series has really pushed Brittney and I to trust God with all of our lives. They're not even our own, and we've realized we have no right to guard them from the God who gave them to us in the first place. He's so good, and we really believe this is His will for us right now. We could definately use your guys' prayer during this big transition. Mostly for strength to follow him joyously throughout the journey and not get bitter and complainy like the Israelites in the desert. We want to really glorify him and be thankful for what we DO have. Other than that, prayer for protection from Satan and any of his attacks. Jesus is the answer and his word is the sword - pray for us to wield it well like fearless warriors.

Thanks guys. I miss seeing you all, but by God's grace, we will hopefully see you all soon. Love you guys,

Kyle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kyle,
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Man, can't wait for you to get back to SB. Praise God for his faithfulness. Love you man.
tarik

Anonymous said...

That rad man. We know that God is good and His direction is always the best, so go in strength. Take care of that wife and baby in her belly. Look forward to seeing you. TG